Wizzybug is the child’s first step
Is fun and innovative powered wheelchair designed specifically for children under six. Even those as young as 14 months can operate its simple controls, allowing them to zip around with their peers, developing spatial awareness, social interaction and independence. It can be used indoors and out of doors in accessible areas such as level gardens, playgrounds and parks, enabling children to enjoy the experience of mobility with their “first wheels”.
The Wizzybug addresses the needs of children with conditions such as cerebral palsy, spinal muscular atrophy, spine bifida and muscular dystrophy.
Why do children need a Wizzybug?
There are many children under 5 in CANADA who have a health condition or disability which limits their mobility.
Conditions such as cerebral palsy, spinal muscular atrophy, Spina bifida and muscular dystrophy can leave children unable to walk and interact easily with others their own age.
The remarkable thing about Wizzybug is that children as young as 14 months can operate its simple controls, allowing them to:
Zip around with their peers and have fun
Develop a sense of spatial awareness– interact with their environment.
Gain a feeling of independence.
It can be used indoors and out of doors in accessible areas such as level gardens, playgrounds and parks, enabling children to enjoy the experience of mobility with their “first wheels”.
Suitable for use indoors and outdoor.
Easily dismantled for transportation.
‘No tools required’ adjustable seating system.
‘Puncture proof’ low maintenance tire.
It isn't only power wheelchairs for kids
It is a Toy chair for children's
Please note these measurements are approximate.
- Maximum user weight: 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Range: up to 8 km (5 miles).
- Turning Circle: 470 mm (18.5 inches).
- Overall width of vehicle: 560 mm (22 inches).
- Overall length of vehicle: 650 mm (25.6 inches).
- Total weight of vehicle: 31.3 kg (69 lbs), (heaviest section when dismantled is 16.4 kg (36 lbs)
- Maximum speed: 2.9 km/h (1.8 mph).
- Seat width: 235 mm ( 9.3 inches).
- Seat depth: 155 – 245 mm, (6.1 – 9.7 inches).
- Backrest angle: Adjustable from 90 – 97 degrees
- Backrest height: (410 – 430 mm),(16.1 – 16.9 inches).
- Seat tilt: 0 -15 degrees
- Footrest to seat 150mm – 275mm (16.1 – 10.8 inches).
- Memory foam cushions for comfort and support
- Thoracic support and adjustable anti-thrust available
- Adjustable armrest for joystick control
- Optional Extras: Shoulder Harness, ankle hangers (Pair), Tray, Ball Joystick, Link Cable, DX joystick controller and 4 Switch Module, 4 Buddy Buttons, 5 to 1 Adaptor, DX Remote G91 Display.
Wizzybug must not be adapted in any way without our permission, as adaptations may have serious safety implications.