Is fun and innovative powered wheelchair designed specifically for children under five. Even those as young as 14 months can operate its simple controls, allowing them to zip around with their peers, developing spatial awareness, social interaction and independence. It can be used indoors and out of doors in accessible areas such as level gardens, playgrounds and parks, enabling children to enjoy the experience of mobility with their “first wheels”.
The Wizzybug addresses the needs of children with conditions such as cerebral palsy, spinal muscular atrophy, spine bifida and muscular dystrophy.
- Suitable for use indoors and outdoors.
- Easily dismantled for transportation.
- ‘No tools required’ adjustable seating system.
- ‘Puncture proof’ low maintenance tires.
- Lightweight battery.
Please note these measurements are approximate.
- Maximum user weight: 20 kg (44 lbs).
- Range: up to 8 km (5 miles).
- Turning Circle: 470 mm (18.5 inches).
- Overall width of vehicle: 560 mm (22 inches).
- Overall length of vehicle: 650 mm (25.5 inches).
- Total weight of vehicle: 31.3 kg (69 lbs), (heaviest section when dismantled is 16.4 kg (36.1 lbs) )
- Maximum speed: 2.9 km/h (1.8 mph).
- Seat width: 245 mm ( 9.6 inches).
- Seat depth: 155 – 245 mm, (6.1 – 9.6 inches).
- Backrest angle: Adjustable from 90 – 97 degrees
- Backrest height: (410 – 430 mm),(16.1 – 16.9 inches).
- Seat tilt: 0 -15 degrees
- Memory foam cushions for comfort and support
- Thoracic support and adjustable anti-thrust available
- Adjustable armrest for joystick control
- Optional Extras: Shoulder Harness, Anklesures (Pair), Tray, Ball Joystick, Link Cable, NiMH Battery & charger upgrade (approx. 8 km per charge), DX joystick controller and 4 Switch Module, 4 Buddy Buttons, 5 to 1 Adaptor, DX Remote G91 Display.
Wizzybug must not be adapted in any way without our permission, as adaptations may have serious safety implications.
Check out the YouTube channel for videos of Wizzybugs in action!